The (nearly) everblooming Double Knockout Rose is off to an energetic start this year.
This is the first time since planting that I’ve seen multiple blooms on the Mountain Flame delosperma.
Tiny but mighty pink blooms on this groundcover thyme. (Can’t remember which thyme this is…Elfin? Woolly?)
Betony, salvia and Autumn Lily Azalea:
The bulbs are blooming!
Yikes, gone a week without posting but not without gardening. A brief summary of what transpired in the garden in the past several days:
- Various succulents cuttings including the Lemon Coral sedum planted in the rosemary bed
- Added dahlberg daisies to the petunia planter
- Cuban Gold duranta planted in front yard shade bed
- Transplanted Victoria Blue salvias to the ends of the front yard flower bed
- Hard pruned the Hot Lips Salvias in the front yard bed down to 1/3 height
- Installed Magic Carpet spirea in front yard bed
- Removed catmint from herb bed, replanted in 3″ pots
- Transplanted golden sage, tricolor sage and dwarf mini curry plant into the herb bed
- Removed yarrow from lily bed, installed red lantana in its place
- Installed Tasmanian Tiger euphorbia and Nuevo Leon salvia in blue bed
- Sowed Summer Jewel Red salvia and Cosmic Red cosmos in the tree ring
- Transplanted rooted cuttings of variegated lemon thyme in the tree ring
- Returned coleus and snapdragon seedlings to the greenhouse
- Moved some seedlings and cuttings outdoors, including the zinnia starts (which aren’t doing very well)
- Purchased another Magic Carpet spirea from Grow It nursery
Did I mention something ate my onion chives and decapitated my Genovese basil? Pictures forthcoming!